Wednesday, October 24, 2007

PDA

Hello friends. It's another Wednesday and another day I'm stuck at school, trying to put off all the work that I need to get done. So it goes.

Last night was definitely an interesting night. I met my friend for a drink at Brio. Funniest thing ever: we saw two people probably my parents age, making out in the restaurant. And while it's great that they were extremely affectionate with each other, you can probably be sure that they were having an affair. They were sitting in a corner, the woman sitting on his lap, wedding rings that didn't match, and they seemed like they were being a little secretive. Tricky, tricky. It was a pretty funny and gross thing to watch.

I have to say that I'm not a big fan of PDA. I don't like watching people, of any age, making out in public. It's disgusting and makes me want to vomit. The extent that I would actually show PDA would be to give my non-existent significant other a peck and a hug. That's all. I don't know what it is, but I'm grossed out at other people's affection for one another. Call me weird, call me crazy, but I stick by it.

And that's all I have for today, pals. At least it's Wednesday, the week is almost over!

3 Other Random thoughts:

Mrs. Booms said...

I'm the same way, and I'd put money its due to the fact that we rarely saw mom and dad display affection to each other... Oh sure they love each other yes, but make out with each other, um, no. I hate pda.

Pam said...

I'm SO with you (I totally over use the word so and totally!). I don't mind a hug, quick kiss or holding hands. But the whole make out and swallow each other thing is fairly gross. I'm with you on the week being almost over....bring on the weekend!

Wenderina said...

Yeah PDA is all about the fine line between sweet and sickening.

Acceptable PDA.
My husband's hand at the small of my back when we walk in a room.

Unacceptable PDA.
Hand on ass. Not cool.

Acceptable PDA.
A lingering glance - eye contact.

Unacceptable PDA.
A leer at my boobs.

Acceptable PDA.
Helping me with my coat and brushing my hair to the side of my face.

Unacceptable PDA.
Catching boobage on the coat change.

Acceptable PDA.
A sweet quick kiss.

Unacceptable PDA.
Tonsil hockey.

Men (and women) - do yourselves a favor and keep it subtle.

(Can you believe I wasted this great piece on a comment?? Maybe I'll steal back for a future post.)