Monday, October 15, 2007

Irrational fears.

For lack of anything better to write, I'm going to share with all of you out there (oh wait, it's only my sister who reads this because I have no idea how to make friends in blogger world), a few really irrational fears I have. They are completely ridiculous, I warn you now. Don't say I didn't.

1) I have an immense fear I'm going to get trapped in our walk-in freezer at work. The first part of it is no big deal; it isn't the deep freezer, it just keeps things sort of cold. The second part is where it is sub-zero. There is a door on it and it has a knob that you push to get out. It doesn't lock or anything. For some reason, every time I go in there I am deathly afraid that I will get locked in there and no one will hear me. Weird, I know.

2) I don't like walking over those grates in the sidewalk. I think it has something to do with the show and movies, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My brother and I loved the turtles and watched them constantly. We even acted like we were them. They lived under the sewers and they came out of those grates (I think, I don't actually remember). I always think that I'm going to fall through or maybe that a four and a half foot talking turtle that walks upright is going to pop out. Either way, it's a weird thought.

3) I don't like driving around those twisty and turny roads where they go around and around until you are up really high, like down by the lake. Usually whoever I'm riding with wants to go really fast around these curves and I think that we are going to fly off into nothing and die. It never fails that every year when I go down to Table Rock Lake with my pals that someone drives way too fast and I think that it's going to happen.

And, three is enough. Apparently I have a huge fear of dying in some ridiculous manner that you never hear someone dying from. I'm a crackhead. That's all there is to it.

8 Other Random thoughts:

Mrs. Booms said...

Ha Ha, you are way too funny...

And the bitch was Mike Haley's fiance... HAAATTEE Her!!!

And making friends in Blogger land is easy. You just look at other people's blogs, comment on the ones you like and tell them to come and visit your blog sometime... Easy Peasy... girlie.

I have all your dresses... And if you ever need a ridiculously formal dress in Champagne... you're welcome to the one I just bought... LOL

Mrs. Booms said...

Hey crazy chickie.... I gave you an award... check out the blog to see why.

I know you are lonely with no blogger friends, so no need to pass it on... Just thought it would make your blog look pretty.

Wenderina said...

OK before I feel insulted. Please note you have one "blogger friend" who posted a comment on your very first blog.

So this is comment #2 - count them - T W O. Try not to ignore the fact that I'm out here reading, kay?...;-) Oh and Shari can vouch that I'm not some wierd blog stalker...

I have some crazy irrational fears too. Hence the title of my blog - anxious moments -

You inspired my post today - hope you take a moment to visit and comment!

Wenderina said...

I stand corrected. My previous comment was number 3...making this number 4...maybe I am a stalker.

AmyBow said...

If it makes you feel better, I have a fear of spontaneously combusting. I think I watched too much Ripley's Believe it or Not as a kid. My

Mrs. Booms said...

http://anxiousmoments.blogspot.com/2007/10/irrational-fears-as-inspired-by-random.html

Um hello... Look who is kicking blogger ass now!!!

woot woot...

Mrs. Booms said...

I seriously need to make your blog pretty for you. Let me know if you want me to. :)

Mrs. Booms said...

Well if you want me to work on it, just tell me what colors you want... (pink, black, silver, and/or purple, I'm guessing) and give me your log in and I can do it. Then you can just change your password when I'm done so I can't you know pretend to be you and type crazy stuff.