Thursday, December 6, 2007

The madness is retreating...for now.

Soooooo, after all the stress and madness, I'm finally back posting again. Sorry to leave any of you hanging, which I did.

To start with the good stuff, I'm done with classes, officially! I have to take a couple finals on Wednesday and I'll be there all day, but other than that, I'm ready to make the most of my few week break. If I answer the phone and don't know where I am, don't be alarmed. I also got to go to the KU/MU game which was amazing, even if my Jayhawks did lose. It was still a great season and we are in the Orange Bowl. Holla.

I was in class on Wednesday night and there is this girl in there who has a serious problem with race. She is a white student. She doesn't really talk to many people in class and seems stuck up. She might not be, but she really comes across that way. Last week, she said something pertaining to African-Americans to another one of the students who just happens to be African-American. I don't remember quite what she said, but it was rude and to be honest, a little racist. This week, we had to give quick five-minute presentations. Well, the rude girl gets up and gives a fifteen-minute presentation about what, I'm not quite sure. Well, one of the other African-American students in our class asked a question about her presentation. She asked if the girl was suggesting that these black students weren't as smart as white students because of race. And the rude girl... paused! And then said no. We were all pretty appalled except for some jackasses in the corner and there was almost a rumble in class. It was awesome. And the girl who asked the question had every right to be mad. And might I add, every person in my class is studying to be a teacher, AND we are an urban institute. We do our education work in urban schools. This girl who has the problem with race is in for the ride of her life, if she thinks she's going to get away with her racist attitudes. It was just crazy to me that people can still discriminate against anyone in this day and age.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox.

There is this guy in my Wednesday night class that is really cute. I sound like a 13-year old girl when I say that, but he really is. And he has a Boston accent. When he talks, he has me right there. And he's going to be a teacher... Need I say any more? Every one of my gals in class feels the same way. I'm not his type, I'm sure, and I just feel stupid when I talk to him. How silly am I? Whatever, I am so lame.

And, you all remember that guy that I was having the problems with, who was so nice and wants to date me, etc. Well, I guess technically you could say that we are dating. We hang out regularly, but it's more casual. We aren't sleeping together or anything like that. We've only kissed. That's all. And...he? told me he loves me. Ahhhh. Scary? I think so. He's not a weird, creepy stalker, but he's a bit intense for this girl. I mean, I like other guys, also, so I think we are on two totally different wavelengths. He just told me this the other day. I told him we have to talk, but it's been a busy week so who knows when that'll happen. Oh, and this is the first time he's ever told a girl that. INTENSE, to say the least. It just happened the other day and I'm still totally flabbergasted.

I'm trying to think of anything else is happening. It snowed for the first time this winter today. Lame. I hate snow. I don't like driving it, I don't like being in it, it usually ruins my whole day, unless I don't want to go somewhere that I have to go and I want it to be canceled.

Okkkkkayyyyy, I got nothing left in me. I'm not sure this was the most exciting thing I've ever written, but when you haven't written for a while, you tend to get a little rusty. I promise I won't leave you all hanging anymore, at least not for a few weeks.

3 Other Random thoughts:

Mrs. Booms said...

Oh girl, that is craziness.

And ha ha about the girl in your class... :)

You need to come by, I'm super stressed...

We're doing Christmas in the park tonight I think and breakfast with Santa tomorrow. Don't be jealous. It's an ugly thing to be.

Love you, Oscar...

love,
Bambi

Pam said...

Enjoy the time being done with classes- for now anyway! I can't believe that girl in your class. That is craziness! Glad you are feeling less stressed and crazy.

AmyBow said...

Are both the racist girl and the Sally-Homemaker-from-the-50s-girl in the same class?! I hope for your sake they are two different classes.

All I can say is, thank goodness for you that school is over.