Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Diet Coke, finals, and Christmas.

My, oh, my. What a day it has been. Let me just preface this by saying that I've had a few too many Diet Cokes today. I'm as jittery as a bedbug right now. I thought I needed a lot more than one to get me through the day, but it turns out I didn't. Diet Coke is the sweet nectar of the gods, I must admit. I love it. I am just like my sister and my mom; don't let me fool you for one second. We are all Diet Coke fiends.

I don't have my next "final" until 8pm tonight. Now, I've had to drag myself through this whole semester, of attending this class from 7-9:45pm every Wednesday, and then they are going to go ahead and make my final an hour later? Tell me that's crazy, becaus I know it is. We aren't taking a test or anything, just turning in our portfolios, which I just finished up. And, eating some food. That's something I can interest myself in. And, supposedly, most of the gang (yes, I know, we aren't much of a cool gang, all of us wanting to be English teachers and everything, but bear with me...it's been a long day) is going to go out for a few adult beverages after class. That should be quite....interesting, to say the least. And hopefully insanely fun. I love most of the crowd that I've had to spend 2 years of my life with, minus a few people.

I honestly have no clue what I'm rambling about right now. Sorry to everyone who is reading this. I think I've gone ahead and gone crazy.

I know everyone hates Christmas time, but I have to tell you, I love it. Ok, the shopping crowds, I don't like. Other than that, I love being able to give people gifts (I know I'm so dumb and sappy) and I love the music (I think I'm the only person who does), I love the lights and the trees, etc. I'm such a loser, I know it. Anyway, for the past few years, my parents threatened not to be put up a tree. And, yeah, they've been doing it for many years, I get it. But, I even told them I would do it for them. They refused and put it up anyway. My mom, she collects Santas and she has sooooo many, and I collect those little houses, the villages, and my dad does too. My mom put out a few Santas and I understand the daunting task of putting all of them out. When I asked if we were putting out the houses, she said no, even though, I said I would put them out myself, since they are mine. Nope, I can't do it. Why, you may ask? Because we don't have enough room. Can I put out some? No. Silly, I know. I just love Christmas and we used to do it up at my house. Now, since we are all technically adults (I use adults loosely for myself, since I'm not really one), I understand, but it makes me sad that we can't decorate and get into the holiday spirit like we used to. And, we haven't put up lights for years. My dad is afraid of heights and it's too much of a hassle. We can't even put them on the bushes or the garage. Sadness. Sorry, I guess I'm still a kid at heart. I just love Christmas and I hope that I will be able to get in the spirit when I have kids.

Ooook, well, I'm sorry if anyone had to read my insane ramblings for today. I'm not even sure what planet I'm not right now. Planet Crazy McCrazerton, that's for sure. Oh well, I'm so excited to be done with this hellacious semester!

Love to you all!

2 Other Random thoughts:

Pam said...

good luck with that last 'final' - the adult drinks afterward should be fun!! Enjoy the time off school! Student teaching next....fun, fun, fun! Don't apologize for loving the holidays! I usually do, but just having a hard time breaking the winter blahs....I'll drown my sorrows in diet coke and cookies :)

Mrs. Booms said...

I put out the ice rink that works only randomly if you want to see that... Bring over some of your houses, we can put them up at my house!!!

I know they are poops.. but next year??? Jason and I are doing it up MAJORLY... so get ready for the festival of lights that will be our house next year.