Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm gettin' that fo' sho, fo' sho

I really cannot stand people who are hypocrites. It infuriates me. I realize that everyone has their moments, but good lord people.

I enjoy hanging out with all types of people and if you are nice and we get along, I really don't mind kicking it with you. But when people start saying how much they may love their girlfriend and how they are moving to be with them, etc, then why would you cheat on them? It makes absolutely no sense to me. Annnnnnd, pretend to be so into God, and all that, and then go around and get drunk and high all the time? I don't care what people do, seriously, get plastered every night and do as many drugs as you wish, but don't pretend to be a good Christian, and then go off and do those things. It makes me so angry. I, myself, am not religious in any way, but it really gets at me when people lead double lives. You can't do both and think that it is okay. Grr.

In other news.... I got all A's this semester! Well two of them were A-'s but that's still awesome to me! I feel like a real smarty. Especially after just saying 'smarty'. I'm cool, don't be jealous.

I saw I Am Legend on Friday. Phenomenal! Although I've had nightmares the last few nights, but regardless, it was still really good. I recommend it.

I'm pretty excited that Christmas is almost here, even though that means my short break is dwindling away by the minute. Still, I'm having a lot of fun actually not stressing about everything and relaxing. I slept until 1:30 the other day and it was glorious. I still need to finish up my Christmas shopping (only 2 more things left to get) and wrap everything.

Funny story. I'm sitting with my pals at a bar this evening, our Tuesday night ritual, and someone gets a text and it says that someone we all know is in jail. We all laugh at first, but the entire table gets on their phones, pulls out money to get this kid out of jail. First thought--DUI, right? No. He didn't pay his parking tickets. But in the course of half an hour, all these people had called everyone they knew and scrounged up enough money to get him out. I don't even like the kid and I gave a few dollars. It was kind of heart-warming to see even if the kid is an idiot, but still, nice to see that people can help out. Pretty cool.

Ok. I have not a clue why I'm still awake. Later gators.

2 Other Random thoughts:

Mrs. Booms said...

OOOOOH, who is the cheater???

Good times... too funny all of it.

And you? Yeah, you're a major smarty! I've always known it. I'm so glad I raised you right... LOL

Pam said...

I'm with you no the hypocrites! Do what you will with your life, that is your right. But, don't pretend to be all religious and be a good Christian....doesn't work that way! Okay- enough of my soap box!

Way to go on the grades! you are a smarty--and cool too! ;) I will be having a student teacher at the start of next school year...hope she is as kick ass as you!

nice to hear of some holiday cheer and good will this holiday season...way to pull together and get that guy out of jail. (okay, that seems a bit sarcastic and I really didn't mean it to be!)